Frequently asked questions
Going through fertility treatment is complex and is often an emotional time. There is a lot of information to digest and so many things to consider, so you’ll understandably have questions. This page gives you an overview of the most frequently asked questions and where you can find the answers on this website.
Speak to your clinic if you have specific medical questions about your fertility treatment
- How do I make a complaint about my clinic?
- What are my clinic’s legal requirements?
- My partner and I have split, what are my legal rights?
- Where can I find information about a fertility clinic’s success rates?
- How do I find a fertility clinic?
- How do I import/export eggs, sperm or embryos?
- Where can I find information about treatment add-ons?
- I want to go abroad for fertility treatment - What do I need to know?
- Can I have more than one embryo implanted?
- Where can I find information about egg, sperm or embryo donation?
- Where can I find information about egg freezing?
- How do I find out about my donor?
- I am a donor, how do I find out if any children have been conceived from my donation?
- provide personalised medical or legal advice
- intervene in disputes about treatment costs
- provide you with counselling
If you cannot find what you are looking for, or you have follow-up questions about any of the information on our website, you can contact us via email if your enquiry is about:
- general information about fertility treatments that we publish on our website
- the guidance we give clinics (our Code of Practice) to ensure they provide safe, legal and quality services
- clarification about published data on our website
- complaints about us or your clinic.
Coronavirus COVID-19 update: We are unable to give information on the dates when any specific clinic will open as this will depend on the local circumstances for each clinic. However, as clinics receive approval to reopen, we will publish this information in a list on our website to make patients aware.
We don’t provide any information over the phone and all enquiries must be submitted via email.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is monitored 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Review date: 27 October 2022