Here you can find out more about the Appeals Committee as well as read through previous meeting minutes and papers.
What is the Appeals Committee?
The Appeals Committee and process is set out in the law in the Human Fertilisation and Embryology (Appeals) Regulations 2009.
The current members are:
- Hodge Malek KC – Chair (legally trained)
- Timothy Bradbury – Deputy Chair (legally trained)
- Dr Bernard Herdan CB (Lay)
- Ian Comfort (Lay)
- Jennifer Portway (legally trained)
- Neil Shastri-Hurst (professional)
- Professor Anthony Redmond OBE (professional)
Appeal Committee Decision and Papers
- Notice of Exercise of Right (00015) - 26th February 2023.pdf | 129KB opens in a new window
- Notice of Exercise of Right (00086) - 26th February 2023.pdf | 87KB opens in a new window
- Directions Order - 9th March 2023.pdf | 440KB opens in a new window
- Decision on Suspensions - 29th March 2023.pdf | 445KB opens in a new window
- Ruling on Admissibility - 22th March 2023.pdf | 153KB opens in a new window
Review date: 5 April 2025