We're redesigning our website - we're keen for you to try it so we can hear your views on how it can be improved ahead of the official launch. Head on over to the HFEA BETA to see how it is shaping up.


Some cases of infertility in both men and women can be helped with surgery.

Sterilisation can sometimes be reversed: fallopian tubes can be unblocked using keyhole surgery and, for men who cannot produce sperm (if they have had a vasectomy, or a failed vasectomy reversal), sperm can be retrieved surgically for use in fertility treatment.

The HFEA does not regulate any surgery.

For more information on surgery, see:

Page last updated: 14 April 2009

Who offers surgery?

To find HFEA-licensed clinics that offer surgery, Visit Choose a Fertility Clinic and look at any clinic's treatment and services page.