HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- HFEA publishes egg and sperm donation statistics report
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) has today published its latest figures on egg and sperm donation.
- A statement in response to the quality standard on CCG IVF provision today issued by the National Institute for Health & Care Excellence
Sally Cheshire, Chair of the HFEA said:“We welcome today’s announcement by NICE in relation to NHS IVF provision. While always mindful that we are not a cost regulator either for public or private IVF provision, the nature of our work nevertheless...
- HFEA publishes lay summary and “polar body transfer” addendum to third report on safety and efficacy of mitochondrial donation techniques
The HFEA has today published two additional documents in relation to its work on mitochondrial replacement.
- Government decision on mitochondria replacement regulations
The Government has today announced its intention to put regulations relating to mitochondria replacement before Parliament.
- HFEA’s Annual Report 2013/14 published
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority has laid its Annual Report for the year 2013/14 before Parliament.
- HFEA publishes report on adverse incidents in fertility clinics
The HFEA has today published its report into adverse incidents that took place at fertility clinics between 2010 and 2012, as part of its ongoing commitment to collaborating with clinics in improving the patient’s experience of IVF.
- HFEA publishes report on third scientific review into the safety and efficacy of mitochondrial replacement techniques
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) has today published its report on the third review into the safety and efficacy of techniques for mitochondrial replacement.
- New Chair appointed at Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority
The Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority (HFEA) is pleased to announce that its Interim Chair, Sally Cheshire, has been appointed as permanent Chair of the fertility regulator by the Minister for Public Health, Jane Ellison.
- HFEA releases third report on fertility trends
New figures on fertility treatment released today by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) show that IVF-conceived babies now account for 2% all babies born in the UK.
- HFEA decides not to appeal in the Warren case
Following the recent High Court ruling in favour of Mrs Elizabeth Warren, the HFEA has decided not to lodge an appeal against the decision.
Page last updated: 06 March 2014