HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- IVF-related multiple birth rate down by a third since 2008
The proportion of multiple births resulting from IVF treatment has significantly reduced over the last five years according to a new report published today.
- Our Chair and Chief Executive visit one of the country’s largest fertility clinics
Staff at Guy’s and St Thomas’ fertility centre in London showcased their state of the art facilities to our Chair and Chief Executive Sally Cheshire and Peter Thompson.
- 2014/15 Annual report published
We have published our 2014/15 annual report, which sets out everything we’ve achieved in the year.
- New professional support service to help donors and the donor-conceived
We have launched a new professional support service for people affected by donation.
- New HFEA Authority member announced
The HFEA has today announced the appointment of its newest Authority member.
- HFEA Chair opens new Manchester fertility suite
This week, HFEA Chair Sally Cheshire and Chief Inspector Debra Bloor opened the new fertility treatment suite at St Mary’s Reproductive Medicine Department.
- Statement on mitochondrial donation
The House of Lords has today approved regulations that will permit techniques designed to eradicate the transmission of serious mitochondrial disease from mother to child.
- HFEA releases 2013 fertility trends report
Today the HFEA released new figures on fertility treatment in 2013.
- HFEA publishes adverse incidents report 2013
The HFEA has today published its report on adverse incidents that took place in fertility clinics over the 2013 calendar year.
- HFEA appoints new Authority members
The HFEA is pleased to announce the appointment of four new members to its Authority.
Page last updated: 16 July 2015