HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- Statement on mitochondrial donation
The House of Lords has today approved regulations that will permit techniques designed to eradicate the transmission of serious mitochondrial disease from mother to child.
- HFEA releases 2013 fertility trends report
Today the HFEA released new figures on fertility treatment in 2013.
- HFEA publishes adverse incidents report 2013
The HFEA has today published its report on adverse incidents that took place in fertility clinics over the 2013 calendar year.
- HFEA appoints new Authority members
The HFEA is pleased to announce the appointment of four new members to its Authority.
- HFEA welcomes the publication of Personalised Health and Care 2020
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) welcome the publication of the new framework issued by the National Information Board (NIB) “Personalised Health and Care 2020”.
- HFEA publishes egg and sperm donation statistics report
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) has today published its latest figures on egg and sperm donation.
- A statement in response to the quality standard on CCG IVF provision today issued by the National Institute for Health & Care Excellence
Sally Cheshire, Chair of the HFEA said:“We welcome today’s announcement by NICE in relation to NHS IVF provision. While always mindful that we are not a cost regulator either for public or private IVF provision, the nature of our work nevertheless...
- HFEA publishes lay summary and “polar body transfer” addendum to third report on safety and efficacy of mitochondrial donation techniques
The HFEA has today published two additional documents in relation to its work on mitochondrial replacement.
- Government decision on mitochondria replacement regulations
The Government has today announced its intention to put regulations relating to mitochondria replacement before Parliament.
- HFEA’s Annual Report 2013/14 published
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority has laid its Annual Report for the year 2013/14 before Parliament.
Page last updated: 17 December 2014