HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- Statement on the first baby born from mitochondrial donation
- Sally Cheshire is reappointed as HFEA Chair until 2020
We are pleased to announce that Sally Cheshire has been reappointed as our Chair for a further three years from 1 April 2017.
- HFEA Statement regarding the Statutory Approvals Committee decision in the M Case
- Tell us what you think of our beta website
We are pleased to announce that we have launched the beta (draft) version of our new HFEA website to the public and it is aimed at people like you – fertility patients.
- Updated information on the Zika virus
Update about the Zika virus means fertility clinics should be extra vigilant when considering people for fertility treatment or gamete donation.
- Share your story and show others they’re not alone
Have you had fertility treatment? Want to help others who are going through it too? Then please consider sharing your story on our new website.
- HFEA reconvenes independent expert panel and launches call for evidence
We are pleased to announce that we have reconvened the independent scientific panel to consider the safety and efficacy of mitochondrial donation techniques.
- Find out about our plans for 2016/17
We have published our business plan for 2016/17 which describes the range of work we will do in the coming financial year to deliver our strategic vision: high quality care for everyone affected by assisted reproduction.
- HFEA innovation plan consultation
Does the HFEA have a role to play in promoting innovation? This is one of the questions that we would like your feedback on, in regards to our draft innovation plan.
- New report shows IVF cycles are on the rise but few involve frozen eggs
Figures in our 2014 statistical report show a year on year increase in the number of IVF cycles, but the number of babies born from previously frozen eggs remains very low.
Page last updated: 26 October 2015