HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- Find out about out plans for 2016/17
We have published our business plan for 2016/17 which describes the range of work we will do in the coming financial year to deliver our strategic vision: high quality care for everyone affected by assisted reproduction.
- HFEA innovation plan consultation
Does the HFEA have a role to play in promoting innovation? This is one of the questions that we would like your feedback on, in regards to our draft innovation plan.
- Updated information on the Zika virus
The HFEA has updated its guidance relating to the Zika virus.
- New report shows IVF cycles are on the rise but few involve frozen eggs
Figures in our 2014 statistical report show a year on year increase in the number of IVF cycles, but the number of babies born from previously frozen eggs remains very low.
- Update on the Zika virus
Recent concerns about the Zika virus means fertility clinics should be extra vigilant when considering people for fertility treatment of gamete donation.
- HFEA approves licence application to use gene editing in research
Our Licence Committee has approved an application from Dr Kathy Niakan of the Francis Crick Institute to renew her laboratory’s research licence to include gene editing of embryos.
- World first as mitochondrial donation regulations come into force
Today the UK becomes the first country to license ground breaking mitochondrial donation techniques which will allow women who carry the risk of serious mitochondrial disease to avoid passing it onto their children.
- Lisa Jardine, former Chair of the HFEA, passes away
It is with immense sadness that we learn of the death of Professor Lisa Jardine, our former Chair, who died on 25 October after a long battle with cancer.
- HFEA publishes adverse incidents report 2014
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority’s new report on adverse incidents shows that the number of such incidents occurring in fertility clinics is reducing, but there is still more to do.
- Find out how we can help you by visiting us at the Alternative Parenting Show
We are pleased to be taking part in this weekend’s alternative parenting show on Saturday 19 September at the Grand Connaught rooms in London.
Page last updated: 26 October 2015