HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- HFEA reaction to the forced donor insemination court case
- HFEA welcomes the Nuffield Council on Bioethics report on information in donor conception
The HFEA welcomes this report about donor conception published by the Nuffield Council on Bioethics today.Their recommendations balancing the ‘interests’ and ‘responsibilities’ of all those involved in the fertility treatment process very much mirror.....
- ‘Test-tube’ baby pioneer Professor Sir Robert Edwards dies
Professor Lisa Jardine, Chair of the HFEA, said: “It is with great sadness that we have heard about the death of Professor Sir Robert Edwards...
- HFEA sends finalised mitochondria consultation reports and advice to Government
The HFEA has today sent the finalised public dialogue and scientific update reports from the public consultation ‘Medical frontiers: debating mitochondria replacement’ to the Government.
- HFEA agrees advice to Government on the ethics and science of mitochondria replacement
The HFEA has today agreed its advice to Government on the ethics and science of new IVF-based techniques designed to avoid serious mitochondrial diseases.
- HFEA's response to the updated NICE guidance on fertility
The HFEA welcomes the revised Fertility guideline published by NICE today. Since the 2004 guideline, there have been advancements in the management of infertility...
- Latest figures show the number of IVF treatments continue to rise
New figures released today in a report by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority show that the number of IVF treatment cycles continues to rise, despite the economic environment.
- Statement on recent High Court ruling
A High Court Judge has recently ruled that two sperm donors can apply for contact with the children born from their donation to two same sex couples in a civil partnership.
- HFEA retained as expert regulator
The Department of Health has announced today that the HFEA will be retained as an independent regulator. This news follows a consultation which took place last year.
- Statement on joint working with the CQC and HTA
The Care Quality Commission (CQQ), the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) and the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) have agreed principles about how they will work together.
Page last updated: 08 February 2013