HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- HFEA publishes adverse incidents report 2014
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority’s new report on adverse incidents shows that the number of such incidents occurring in fertility clinics is reducing, but there is still more to do.
- Find out how we can help you by visiting us at the Alternative Parenting Show
We are pleased to be taking part in this weekend’s alternative parenting show on Saturday 19 September at the Grand Connaught rooms in London.
- Press statement regarding legal parenthood cases
The HFEA responds to the recent legal parenthood cases.
- IVF-related multiple birth rate down by a third since 2008
The proportion of multiple births resulting from IVF treatment has significantly reduced over the last five years according to a new report published today.
- Our Chair and Chief Executive visit one of the country’s largest fertility clinics
Staff at Guy’s and St Thomas’ fertility centre in London showcased their state of the art facilities to our Chair and Chief Executive Sally Cheshire and Peter Thompson.
- 2014/15 Annual report published
We have published our 2014/15 annual report, which sets out everything we’ve achieved in the year.
- New professional support service to help donors and the donor-conceived
We have launched a new professional support service for people affected by donation.
- New HFEA Authority member announced
The HFEA has today announced the appointment of its newest Authority member.
- HFEA Chair opens new Manchester fertility suite
This week, HFEA Chair Sally Cheshire and Chief Inspector Debra Bloor opened the new fertility treatment suite at St Mary’s Reproductive Medicine Department.
- Statement on mitochondrial donation
The House of Lords has today approved regulations that will permit techniques designed to eradicate the transmission of serious mitochondrial disease from mother to child.
Page last updated: 17 September 2015