SCAAC meeting - May 2010
Start time: 2pm
Mitochondrial disease and preimplantation genetic diagnosis
Joanna Poulton, Professor and Hon Consultant in Mitochondrial Genetics -
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
Pronuclear transfer to prevent transmission of mitochondrial disease
Alison Murdoch, Professor of Reproductive Medicine and Head of Department - Newcastle Fertility Centre at Life.
Douglas Turnbull, Professor of Neurology - Newcastle Fertility Centre at Life.
2. Apologies and Declaration of Interests
3. Matters Arising & Previous Actions
4. Chair’s business
5. Techniques to avoid the transmission of mitochondrial disease
6. Maximum age limit for sperm donation
Next meeting: Thursday 9th September 2010, 2pm
- Meeting minutes (13 May 2010) (240 Kb)
- Matters arising (24 Kb)
- Techniques to avoid the transmission of mitochondrial disease (382 Kb)
Annex A: Poulton J et al. (2009) Preventing transmission of maternally inherited mitochondrial DNA diseases. BMJ 338: 345-349.
- Presentation - Pronuclear transfer (268 Kb)
- Maximum age limit for sperm donation (153 Kb)
Page last updated: 13 May 2010