Welcome to July's edition of the HFEA e-update.
In this month's e-update find out about the latest on the Information for Quality project.
We are also advertising for two new members of the Authority. If you are interested, find out how you can apply.
Thank you for reading this edition.
Peter Thompson, Chief Executive, HFEA.
Information for Quality update
Information for Quality (IfQ) continues to gain momentum. A set of plans and proposals which will affect the way we collect, publish and communicate information with the sector and others stakeholders is being prepared by the programme’s Expert Groups.
- Making sure that there is a clear and defined data dictionary which ensures that the data collected meets a set of defined justifications and is not collected unnecessarily
- A move to a single entry point system for the submission of data to the HFEA which prevents anomalous and erroneous information being submitted
- Changing the timeframe for some data submission to create greater flexibility
- Understanding what specific types of information stakeholders want to be able to extract from the HFEA
- Considering how, and what type of, patient experience information could be captured and shared
- Simplifying the presentation of Choose a Fertility Clinic so that users find it easier to use when making choices about their fertility treatment
The plans and proposals of the Expert Groups will form part of the consultation we will be launching in the autumn.
Two new Authority members needed
We are looking for two individuals to join the Authority: one lay member and one professional member.
Following the permanent appointment of Sally Cheshire as chair of the Authority, we have a vacancy for a lay member, specifically someone with experience of patient engagement, or experience of assisted reproduction treatment, or print or broadcast communications.
One of our long-standing clinical members, Sam Abdalla, is coming to the end of his term later this year. We would therefore like to appoint a healthcare professional, preferably a clinician working in the IVF sector.
If you would like to apply for one of the member posts, please visit the Public Appointments website.
Facts and figures
View our latest report of facts and figures in fertility treatment.
› Read more
Contact your donor
Things you should consider if you wish to contact your donor.
› Read more
Find out about what support is available before, during and after treatment..
› Read more
HFEA on Twitter
For the very latest HFEA news make sure you follow us on Twitter.
› Follow us on Twitter
Page last updated: 01 July 2014