31 August 2006
I am writing to inform you of the publication of the new HFEA consent forms. These will replace the 00(6), 00(7), 00(9), 96(8) and the form at Appendix B of the Code of Practice for consent to the disclosure of identifying information to a person who is not covered by a licence.
The new forms are intended to be easier and more straightforward to complete; all follow the same design allowing them to be easily recognisable as HFEA consent forms.
There are now separate forms for treatment, donation and storage, and each of these has a male and female version. There are eight new forms:
- MD Form Consent to the use and storage of sperm and embryos in donation
- WD Form Consent to the use and storage of eggs and embryos in donation
- MT Form Consent to the use of sperm and use and storage of embryos in treatment or research
- WT Form Consent to the use of eggs and use and storage of embryos in treatment or research
- MS Form Consent to the storage of sperm
- WS Form Consent to the storage of eggs
- ES Form Extension to embryo storage for more than five years
- CD Form Consent to disclosure of identifying information about fertility treatment to another person who is not covered by a licence
If you require any further information about the consent forms, please contact the HFEA inspector for your centre.
Page last updated: 24 August 2012